This is not meant to be an exhaustive list because the main difference is how best to meet the needs of the target customer.
plug and playlogic that makes setup and installation nearly instant. There are virtually no server or connectivity maintenance requirements which means no need to pay employees or outsiders to keep your servers running and your company connected to the Internet.
|Features||IPAD 2500||IPAD 5000|
|Hardware Interfaces||3 total.|
• The LAN interface must be Ethernet or Token Ring LAN
• The WAN interface must be a choice of the following; Ethernet, analog modem, ISDN modem, v.35 synchronous serial
• Optional expansion interface must be DMZ Ethernet or a multiport serial card (See note 1 below)
• Any combination of up to five Ethernet, Token Ring, V.35 synchronous serial interfaces
• Plus + up to 96 multiport RS232 ports (intelligent or dumb). (See note 2 below.)
|Hardware Installation||Supports automatic hardware detection and driver installation for all supported interface hardware. Web management interface will automatically change to match installed hardware.||All hardware must be manually installed. Matching device drivers must be manually installed. Kernel configuration must be done through the web management interface or through manual control file editing.|
|Firewall||• True IP Address Expansion™ firewall with ability to support up to 1000 different public servers behind the firewall with Passthru technology.||• True IP Address Expansion™ firewall with ability to support up to 1000 different public servers behind the firewall with Passthru technology.|
• Load balance multiple servers sharing the same public IP address.
• Fail-over multiple servers sharing the same public IP address.
|Dial-up||Up to a maximum of 8 dial-up connections through the use of an optional multiport serial card. (See note 3 below.)||Up to a maximum of 96 dial-up connections through the use of optional multiport serial cards. (See note 4 below.)|
|Telnet||Inbound telnet to router and supervisor command prompts only. Outbound telnet from local console only.||Supports full inbound and outbound terminal service connection between telnet and any available serial interface up to the maximum 96 interfaces or up to 32 TIPX lines. (See note 5 below.)|
|RADIUS||Does not support RADIUS.||Supports both RADIUS logging and RADIUS accounting for an unlimited number of accounts.|
|TIPX||Does not support TIPX.||Support for up to 32 TIPX lines. (See note 5 below.)|
|Configuration||100% controlled through an easy web management interface.||May be configured through any combination of manual control file editing and web management interface.|
serial communications over Ethernetprotocol available on the IPAD 5000.